YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND our 2nd ANNUAL NETWORKING EVENT!
YOUR NETWORK IS BOTH YOUR FOUNDATION AND YOUR SUPPORT. NEED HELP LEARNING HOW TO BUILD IT? – By attending this event YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO STAND ON ANOTHER PERSON’S SHOULDERS NO MATTER THE AGE DIFFERENCE.
DATE: OCT 4 (Wed), 2017
LOCATION: MANAYUNK BREWING COMPANY in the upstairs larger River Club.
4120 Main Street, Manayunk (Phila.), PA Tel: 215-482-8220 – www.manayunkbrewery.com
COST: Young Professionals (30 something and under): $20/person
Mentors: $25/person (or whatever each org decides to charge)
Food: Pasta Station: Penne with & Spinach, Tortellini with Tomatoes, Caesar Salad, Rolls, Butter, & Parmesan
Beverages: Cash Bar with Happy Hour pricing 5:30pm-7pm.
Reservations & Payment: Due by Sept 27th (no later).
Agenda: 5:30-6:30 Network & Pasta; 6:30 -7:10 Presentation; 7:10-8:30 (Network with New Skills)
Parking Options: Main & Lock Street Parking lot with 295 parking spaces. The site is accessed from Lock Streets off Main Street on the Schuylkill River side of the road. Make a left onto Lock Street (right next to the Brewing company) – metered parking.
R6 Norristown Regional Rail Line to the Manayunk Station, one block from Main Street #61 Bus Route from Center City, stops all along Main Street.
GUEST SPEAKER: Gary Pezzutti is a leading Career Placement Professional with over 40 years’ experience in the manufacturing sector. In 1980 he formed Summit Group Consultants specializing in “Contingency Search” and “Interim Professionals”. He has developed an efficient method of teaching candidates seeking jobs in Supply Chain more effective “real life” presentation techniques. A recent commentary stated he is “at the cutting edge of what the SCM Industry needs and how to present yourself as a SCM professional to secure employment.” He has been a member of APICS since 1981 and is a frequent speaker at Colleges, international conferences, and local chapter meetings.
Key Points: The mindset shift you need to network successfully-- How to deepen relationships with the people you meet—The Value of Continuing Education thru professional associations –how networking can lead to successful interviewing – how young professionals and mentors can create a value loop where both parties benefit from the relationship – how to get a job in the SCM Industry.
- • About 10% of all new jobs in USA for the next 10 years are expected to be created within the Supply Chain field.
- • The workforce of the future has changed and there is a lack of skills in the talent pipeline as well as an experience shortage. The question is how to bridge the gap & share learning.
- • Both Networking and Mentoring are two tools that can help to meet this challenge.
- • In addition professional societies must provide increased opportunities for growth outside of the classroom environment.
- • Each year for the last 16 years five of the premier SUPPLY CHAIN organizations have collaborated together to sponsor a joint dinner event known as the “Mega-Meeting”.
- • To meet this new challenge we are sponsoring another event to promote networking among young professionals and more experienced colleagues to encourage learning on “both sides of the street” and to improve relationships.
- • In addition each of the 5 societies will have booths set-up with information on membership, seminars, professional certifications, and meetings.
- • One of the key lessons within the supply chain industry is that you learn to take care of one another. When this is done correctly customer service is enhanced and improved.